Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not a Match Date, Instead A Craigslist Ad

A little background:
I posted an ad on Craigslist to see what type of housing is available to purchase or rent with one more bedroom than I currently have right now.  I said I wanted 2-3 bedrooms, in a certain part of town.  Basically, nothing like what this nutjob replied with:


Hi, I just read your ad on Craigslist and just wanted to check and see if you would be interested in the @#(*(@#*area. @(*#(@(* is a nice quiet place and not too far from the city, approx 17 miles.
I have a 1999 Oakwood Mobile Home that as of November is able to be moved or you can keep it at its current location. I would be willing to rent or lease to own or let you purchase out right. I am going thru a divorce and haven’t been staying there for a few months. I have done lots of work to it since I purchased it almost two years ago. New carpet throughout except the Kitchen and baths and laundry room. There is fresh paint in a few rooms but as I am planning on replacing doors and windows as well as insulating all of the exterior walls I have not painted all rooms. Paint has been purchased as well as a new vanity andgranite countertop for master bathroom and insulation.
I am looking for someone to take care of the place and maybe trade some work for rent etc. If you are interested I would be happy to show although it is under construction and my soon to be ex and I are in the process of sorting out his and my wants…
The mobile home is a three bedroom, two bath house with large kitchen, eat in dining room and separate laundry. Two of the bedrooms have large walk in closets and for a single wide (largest one made) it is quite large and comfortable. I just purchased a LG stainless steel refrigerator (largest I could buy) as well as a LG stainless Steel Dishwasher. I would be interested in including these items along with other household furnishings if needed for an extra amount or purchase outright. I have had the carpet installed November of last year and the appliances were purchased just a few months ago. There has been no smoking in the home.
If you are not interested but might know someone that might be, please let me know.
The lot rent includes water as long as you don’t go over 20.00 a month but together it is 398.50 (or close to) and I would work on rent. I just am going to be very picky due to all of the work I have put into the place.
My cell is ###-###-####, if possible text as if I don’t know your # I might let it go to voicemail.
I will be listing the home and all of its contents for sale this weekend, so early bird gets the worm. Plus I would be excited to find someone who is handy…could use some help installing the granite, and a the new shower as well as some other great little projects. I love to DIY so if your handy I’d be interested in meeting you.

Thanks again,

No comments:

Post a Comment